Original Allstars Music CIC is a Community Interest Company which gives young musicians opportunities to experience the many facets of music through an established programme of live events and activities throughout the year for them to participate in.
In order to facilitate this, the company has, over the last 7 years, created and cultivated a collective of young musicians aged from 7 to 18 called The Shoreham Allstars. This collective is where the musicians that make up the Original Allstars Roster learn about the many aspects of music from learning covers to performing live to writing and recording their original music.
What we do
The company runs an online band and music management agency dedicated to showcasing the creativity and talent of young musicians aged from 8 to 20.
It has developed a roster of bands covering many different styles of music and gives them access to a full and varied programme of events throughout the year at arts centres, festivals, academies, schools and established live venues across the South East of England.
It also gives young people the chance to record their music in a professional studio and to have their music sold online. The songs produced from these sessions are uploaded onto The Original Allstars Archive, which is a Soundcloud page that acts as a historical document showing what the young people of Shoreham-by-Sea have been producing musically since 2008.
Since the inception of The Shoreham Allstars collective in 2008 Original Allstars Music has reached the following milestones:
- The young musicians within the Allstars have recorded over 100 original songs
- Original Allstars Music has organised and stage-managed 250 live events
- It has its own mobile stage
- Its members wrote an anti-bullying charity song that was sung by 100 local schoolchildren
- The Allstars musicians provided the music for the historic opening of the Adur Ferry Bridge on Shoreham
- It has a current membership of 85 young musicians with an average age of 12
- The collective was invited to play at Wild Life Festival (a national music festival run by SJM Concerts) for three years running
- Members of the collective featured in a promo video with Fatboy Slim to promote Wildlife Festival 2017 (here’s the link🙂